Presentation slides and photos from the symposium are on-line
read more news
Highlights of RuleML-2008 include:
- Keynote speakers:
- Michael Kifer (State
University of New York at Stony Brook), on "Rule Interchange Format: The Framework".
Joint keynote between RuleML-2008 and RR2008.
- David Luckham (Stanford University, USA) on "The Power of Events: An Introduction to Complex Event Processing in Distributed Enterprise Systems".
- Paul Haley (Haley Systems, Inc) on "Event and Process Semantics will Rule".
- Benjamin Grosof (Vulcan, Inc.) on "Hyper Logic Programs in SILK: Redefining the KR Playing Field for Business and VLKB".
- Michael Kifer (State University of New York at Stony Brook), on "Rule Interchange Format: The Framework".
- Joint Boxed Lunch Panel held in conjunction with the co-located Business Rules Forum on "Rules on the Web".
- Special Invited Sessions on Rule Standards and Demos.
- A RuleML-2008 Challenge with prizes to demonstrate tools, use cases, and applications.
- Industry, demo and scientific research & development papers and presentations advancing and assessing the state of the art in event and rule-based systems selected in a peer-reviewed fashion by an international program committee. Program and presentation slides can be found here.
- Papers are published as a Springer LNCS proceedings. A related journal special issue (IEEE TKDE) on "Rule Representation, Interchange and Reasoning in Distributed, Heterogeneous Environments", open to all, has been scheduled.
- Social events to promote networking among the symposium delegates in an informal setting.
You will be offered an exciting venue to exchange new ideas, practical developments and experiences on issues related to the engineering, management, integration, interoperation and interchange of rules and events in open distributed environments such as Enterprise Architectures, the Web, Event-Driven and Service Oriented Architectures etc.
Photos of the RuleML-2008 Symposium